Affordable Housing Property Manager
The Affordable Housing Property Manager position is an excellent opportunity for a real estate leasing professional who is knowledgeable about applicable local, state, federal, and industry standards.
The Affordable Housing Property Manager for Realty Management Associates oversees the performance of multi-unit residential properties and they ensure that owners’ real estate investments achieve expected revenues. This Full Time Affordable Housing Property Manager position is for our multi-unit residential properties; Toy Factory, Forest Senior Apartments, Fred Martin Apartments located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Maintaining the physical, financial, and program integrity of the property; preparing and monitoring annual operating budgets, including capital planning;
- Ensure exclusive use of state specific LIHTC and HUD documents in property management software
- Managing resident re-certifications, rent increases, utility allowance changes, occupancy level, controlled expenses, customer satisfaction, management reviews, REAC/Agency Inspections, etc.;
- Managing resident selection procedures to ensure adherence to Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria, as well as all targeting occupancy requirements;
- Recruiting, hiring, and training new employees, as well as conducting performance reviews and performance improvement counseling.
- Prepare for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews
- Help recruit, hire and train new employees assigned to the property
- Assist with the preparation of employees’ performance reviews, provide performance improvement counseling’s
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years of college and 5 years related property management experience required
- Desirable applicants must possess knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Implementation and compliance requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Section 8 Project and Tenant Based Programs
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs
- Section 236 Interest Reduction and Section 221-d-s programs
- FHA and Risk Share mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs
- HUD and IRS rules of their assigned property
- Relevant legislation such as Americans with Disabilities Act, the Federal Fair Housing Amendment Act and local Fair Housing Laws
- Ability to work well with others
This is a full time, hourly position with a competitive wage. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Disability & Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holidays and 401(k) retirement plan w/ company match.
Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.