Realty Management Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for a multi-unit residential property in the Newark, New Jersey area. This is an excellent opportunity for a maintenance professional with knowledge about all aspects of residential property maintenance. Maintenance Technicians repair and maintain residential and support buildings; they maintain the grounds on the property.
Specific Duties Include
· Maintaining the physical plant and property; carrying out detailed plans and schedules for: preventive maintenance; grounds keeping; equipment and appliance repair or replacement; apartment maintenance and remodeling; building systems repair and replacement;
· Conduct routine visual inspections of the exterior and interior of buildings, grounds, facilities, and equipment; determine whether repairs or maintenance are needed; follow-up with residents’ work orders, as directed by the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor;
· Conduct apartment inspections and clean or refurbish vacated apartment units to ensure a quick turnaround time for units to be available for renting;
· Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED; 2 years related property maintenance experience preferred; desirable applicants have completed industry or trade school course work.
Physical – Lift up to 50 lbs; Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time; Work in tight spaces; Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time; safely climb ladders up to 26ft.
Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google preferred.
Must be able to pass a credit and criminal background check.
- Dental, Healthcare, Vision, 401k Plan offered
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.